Restaurant No. 1 Outside
Our big restaurant located at 310 S. Mesqite street in Las Cruces has been in business since 1968 and is still going strong today. Built in 1949 on historic Mesquite street close to Klein park right next to Amador Avenue. The building has 3924 square feet and features cinder block and plaster walls and is built on almost a half acre lot. The building first started out as the Templo Bautista Church that is now the Primera Iglesia Bautista located at 905 Chaparro St.
This is what the restaurant looked like in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s. The population of Las Cruces was about 38 thousand, a loaf of bread cost 25 cents, Gunsmoke was on tv and a Ford Galaxie was about $3200.
The Old Church
An old photograph of the Templo Bautista Church choir when our restaurant was still a Baptist church.
If anyone has any information about this photograph we would love to hear from you.
The New Templo Bautista
The Templo Bautista Church moved to it’s new location and is now at the corner of Chaparro and Arizona streets in Las Cruces, NM.
Their Facebook page is located here.